With the snow falling, Leslie and I dove into our spring cleaning early this year. With the retail madness and mess of the holiday shopping season firmly behind us, we were inspired to clear our heads and fix up our office studio.
It is amazing what a bit of white paint, wall decals and organization can do to your work environment - not to mention your mental well being. Here is what we did:
1. We created Pinterest board to inspire and guide us. http://pinterest.com/suetablesinc/home-studio-inspiration/
2. We painted the whole office Benjamin Moore Oxford White. It is very white, bright and fresh! (We are SO done with beige!)
3. My partner and I checked out the Interior Design Show...truly inspiring on a cold January day.
4. We removed everything from the office (painting forces this step!) and put back ONLY what we REALLY needed day to day. It is amazing the clutter and mess that we threw out or stored in our storage room.
5. We ordered our own decals with words that inspire us and our customers. They include: DWELL IN POSSIBILITY, LIFE IS NOW, LOVE and DO WHAT YOU LOVE, LOVE WHAT YOU DO. We also had our logo created on this site. http://www.wisedecor.com
6. A trip to Ikea, completed the look to get frames, chairs, a new mirror, tons of organizers (love these black bins for $6.99http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/30219281/ )
7. Lighting finishes the room just like jewelry completes the outfit. We added new Simon Pearce lamps with white shades to lighten things up. http://www.simonpearce.com/category/best+sellers/lamps+and+pendants.do?n...
DONE! So, happy and so inspired. I even did a yoga class this morning (love Eoin Finn's classes - http://www.blissology.com/about-blissology/eoin-finn-bio/). For more makeover photos (including a before and after) check out our Facebook fan page:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=493826587327841&set=pb.108484899...
We hope you will pop by for one of our walk-in Wednesdays (March 6 and March 26) to check it out. Click herehttps://www.suetables.com/ca/upcoming-shows for other Walk-in Wednesdays and shows across Canada and the US.
PS. I have one empty wall. These limited-edition fashion illustrations are top on my wish list:http://www.garancedore.fr/2012/12/05/new-art-print/