Part-Time Sales Associate
2 -3 days a week; at least one weekend day (Sat. 10-6 pm; Sun. 12-5 pm)
So, you like to get personal. So do we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path and create and sell personalized products with style and substance. We were the first to hand stamp on jewelry in Canada on the spot. We led the movement of 'demi-fine' jewelry at a reasonable price in Canada, made from real metals. And we are inspired to bring meaning and quality in all that we do. From a basement hobby business to four stores and an online web site that ships world-wide, our brand stands for storytelling and innovation. For more than 12 years, we’ve made our own retail rules - employing all women and supporting mental health along the way.
We are looking for a Part-time Sales Associate who will bring enthusiasm to our Yonge Street store (which is moving one block south to a nicer shop in Sept!)
You have a love of jewelry and a desire to help people celebrate their moments and stories.
You are available to work 2-3 days a week including one weekend day. Potential for part time work throughout the year and more hours for summer.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Greeting and welcoming customers to the store in a friendly manner
- Serving customers through active listening,
- Drive sales using your exceptional customer service and styling skills to sell and engage customers through product knowledge
- Respond to customer inquiries
- An interest and eagerness to learn to develop hand stamping and customizing jewelry
- Document sales by creating/updating customer profile records
- Promote Suetables as a store and brand
- Convert customer walk-ins to sales
- Manage all financial transactions through Shopify ensuring accuracy of pricing in the systems
- Process transactions including credit and debit cards, gift cards, returns and exchanges.
- Alert the Manager of potential security issues.
- Assist with inventory, including receiving and stocking merchandise, ensuring inventory is accurate, and notifying manager if product stock is low.
- Support merchandising of products
- Keep clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
- Help keep shop clean, presentable, and organized.
- A plus to have is an interest in using your personal social media channel to promote the store to friends and family.
Retail Sales Associate Qualifications/ Skills:
- Excellent customer service
- Active listening and communication skills
- Ability to meet sales goals
- Selling to customer needs
- Product knowledge
- People skills
- Positive energy level
- General math skills
- Montreal sales associate must be bilingual
We are a growing team who aims to inspire, celebrate, and create meaningful memories with our modern-crafted jewelry.
The four stores are curated to house both Suetables-branded original jewelry designs, product collaborations with like-minded creators and soulful brands with whom we share a similar philosophy.
If you think you'd be the right fit for this role in our Toronto store, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your resume by our store at 2525 Yonge Street or 363 Roncesvalles Ave.