So, you like to get personal. So do we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our path and create and sell personalized products with style and substance. We were the first to hand stamp on jewelry in Canada on the spot. We led the movement of 'demi-fine' jewelry at a reasonable price in Canada, made from real metals. And we are inspired to bring meaning and quality in everything we do. From a basement hobby business to four stores (soon to be five) and an online website that ships worldwide, our brand stands for storytelling and innovation. For over 12 years, we’ve made our own retail rules - employing all women and supporting mental health.
Our shops are curated to house both Suetables-branded original jewelry designs, product collaborations with like-minded creators and soulful brands with whom we share a similar philosophy. We will have both an engraving machine and hand stamping at this location.
About The Role
Location: 486 Front Street West - The Well
Availability: Full time; start - October
Reporting to: CEO, founder
- Oversee and manage the launch of the new store and all day-to-day activities of the new store at The Well.
- Provide floor leadership and help hire a staff/stylists 3-7 people
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Work with marketing techniques to increase customer awareness of the store and products to attract as many customers as possible, including supporting social media campaigns
- Assist in liaising staff & stores at The Well, local influencers, business associations, local schools and the community
- Train, motivate and provide leadership to store employees
- Provide guidance and leadership for best practices, shop and company policies
- Assist in forecasting staffing needs and developing staffing strategy to provide optimal staffing for all seasons with a constant eye on store profitability
- Support inventory rotation
- Create a week-to-week store team schedule.
- Help assess best store hours to maximize sales and traffic. (Store must be open a minimum of 11 am to 7 pm. )
- Always look for new methods and innovative ways to increase sales and improve the business & loss prevention
- Help organize local promotions/ in-store events
- Maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understand forthcoming customer initiatives and monitor local competition
- Attend weekly management meetings and collaborate on head office initiatives
- Maintain high store standards and foster a positive and welcoming environment
- Help maintain accurate inventory counts for merchandise and oversee regular counting
- Ensure all products and displays are merchandised effectively to maximize sales and profitability while maintaining the Suetables brand
- Manage in-store technology
- Learn to personalize jewelry (hand stamping in-store) and also use the engraving machine
- Learn to weld bracelets (Welding experience is an asset.)
- Proven retail management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- 2-3 years minimum store retail lead/floor supervisor experience
- Experience scheduling staff and payroll.
- Experience with Shopify is an asset.